This is Lesson 12 of a Series, all focusing on the verb COMPRARE.
We are working with the Imperfetto, the past tense we use to describe:
– things in the past
– an ongoing action in the past
– habits in the past
1) DA PICCOLO NON COMPRAVO MAI IL GELATO PER MIA NONNA?
(when I was young, would I never buy ice cream for my grandma?)
2) DA PICCOLA NON COMPRAVI MAI LA FRUTTA AL MERCATO?
(When you were a little girl, didn’t you use to buy fruit at the markets?)
3) DA BAMBINO MARCO NON COMPRAVA MAI LE FIGURINE?
(When he was a young boy, didn’t Marco use to buy stick on cards?)
4) DA BAMBINA ANTONELLLA COMPRAVA SPESSO IL GELATO?
(When she was a little girl, did Antonella often buy ice cream?)
5) QUANDO ABITAVAMO IN ITALIA, NON COMPRAVAMO LA PIZZA TUTTI I GIORNI?
(When we lived in Italy, didn’t we use to buy pizza every day?)
5) QUANDO ABITAVATE IN ITALIA, NON COMPRAVATE LA PIZZA TUTTI I GIORNI?
(When you lived in Italy, didn’t you use to buy pizza every day?)
6) DA PICCOLI I MIEI FRATELLI NON ERANO BUONI?
(When they were young, weren’t my siblings good?)