Italian Accelerator Episode 6
Explainer Lesson #1
CHE TI MANCA DELL'ITALIA?
– the right way of saying “WHAT”
– the verb MANCARE (to miss)
OH, EHM, BE'
– hesitations and fillers in Italian
– Using BE' (short for BENE)
TUTTO CIÒ CHE RIGUARDA LA MODA
– saying EVERYTHING as the subject of a sentence (TUTTO CIÒ CHE / TUTTO QUELLO CHE)
SI FA PIÙ UNA VITA DA MARE
– Impersonal verbs
– why the preposition DA in VITA DA MARE?
QUALCHE VOLTA MI MANCANO… SÌ, LE NOSTRE TRADIZIONI
– using the word SÌ as a filler
PRIMA DI VENIRE IN AUSTRALIA
– how to use PRIMA and DOPO in Italian
ANDARE CONTRO CORRENTE
– the expression meaning “to go against the current”
Each Episode is made up of two components.
First a chat 100% in Italian between me and one of my Italian friends. These chats are 100% real, authentic, unscripted Italian, including very colloquial expressions and … at full speed! Just like you would speak with your friends in your language.
Then there is an Explainer Lesson, this time in English, where we revisit the chat in Italian and analyze its content, including:
– idiomatic expressions
– specific grammatical points