In this episode of Italy Made Easy Podcast we’ll talk about the method that we at Italy Made Easy recommend for learning Italian.
Learning a language requires 3 main steps: learning the grammar of your own language, practicing your speaking skills as much as you can, and listening to the language.
In particular we will focus on materials in Italian that are made specifically for learners of Italian and how to strategically use these resources to achieve success in the language.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Per imparare l’italiano è importante studiare la grammatica
In order to learn Italian it’s important to study the grammar
2. Manu distingue due tipi di materiale in italiano
Manu identifies two differents types of resources in Italian
3. I materiali audio per italiani possono scoraggiare gli studenti
Audio material made for Italians can discourage students
4. I materiali per studenti di italiano sono appositamente strutturati
Materials for students of Italian are specially structured
5. Tra le novità di IME ci sono gli audiolibri
Among other news from IME there is the audiobooks