Podcast #31: Best resources to learn italian?
Today, I want to talk to you about the best materials and resources for learning Italian, including strategies and techniques to maximize your time - the time you spend studying Italian.
Get the Podcast automatically on your phone
or podcast enabled device
When it comes to learning a language, there are three main aspects to cover:
- The need to learn the grammar and how the language worksThis includes becoming really familiar with the grammar in your own language first. I.e. English.
- The need to speak the languageYou have to actually speak with Italians and interact in this new language.
- The need to listen to the languageThis is the main area we will focus on today. If you really want to learn Italian, you need to listen to it a lot...like really, a lot!
There are many resources available to take advantage of in order to improve your listening such as:
- Movies and TV shows
While listening to content made for Italian native speakers is OK for listening practice, I want to emphasize the importance of using material made for students of Italian.
Why is it so important to use materials specifically made for students?
- They are created for the specific purpose of learning the language
- They are structured in an intelligent and strategic manner
- They teach vocabulary and concepts
- They don’t contain dialects which confuse you and are unnecessary
- The quality of the audio and sound is usually much higher
So what you need to look for then, are materials spoken by an Italian, with perfect audio and with an accurate transcript as well, which is exactly what we offer you at Italy Made Easy! It’s also important that these materials be of interest to you, as you are guaranteed success if you actually enjoy what you are listening to. What you want to aim for is to continue using and listening to the same material until you gain 100% comprehension.
How is that possible?
Well, luckily for you, we at Italy Made Easy have the solution with our series of ground-breaking audio programs! These programs are like audiobook stories that are specifically designed for the student of Italian to achieve a much higher level of Italian in only 3 to 6 months. Our first audio program is called “Eccoci Italia”, “Here we are, Italy” and has the following benefits:
- Works for students from upper-beginner to intermediate to advanced
- 12 enthralling chapters that keep you engaged and hooked
- Acted out by real Italian voice actors using different accents and speeds
- Enables you to learn a lot of new and useful expressions, new vocabulary and new grammar
- Gets you accustomed to listening to spoken Italian
- Comes with a comprehensive study guide to guide you and keep you on track
- Italian transcript and English translation to analyze and compare
I have meticulously designed this audio program so that by the end of it, you will have a higher level of Italian both in terms of grammar, vocabulary and expressions, but above all in terms of melody, pronunciation and comprehension. So, if this interests you, go to Italy Made Easy and look up our audio programs, that I’m sure will help you.