La cultura del caffè in Italia
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Il caffè in Italia viene consumato dal 97% circa della popolazione
In Italy, coffee is consumed by approximately 97% of the population.
2. Quando fai visita ad un amico italiano ti offre spesso l’ alcool
When you visit an Italian friend, he’ll often offer you alcohol.
3. La metà degli italiani beve due o tre caffè e l’altra metà ne beve più di tre
Half of all Italians drink two or three coffees a day, and the other half drink more than three
4. Manu beveva 10 caffè al giorno quando era studente universitario
Manu used to drink 10 coffees a day when he was a university student.
5. Il 10% del caffè viene consumato in casa e il 90% al bar
10% of coffee is consumed at home, and 90% at the bar.