Do you like going for bike rides? Are you a cycling enthusiast? Well then you will find this podcast episode particularly interesting!
Many Italians like to ride their bikes, especially if they live in a small town where it’s much easier to get around on a bike as opposed to taking public transport and where there is little traffic.
But that’s not all! Cycling is so loved in Italy that there is an event, of an international level, that is all about cycling: the Giro d’Italia! This is a very famous annual cycling race taking place on Italian streets and roads. Are you ready to learn some very interesting facts about this much-loved Italian sporting event?
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. In Italia l’uso della bicicletta è molto diffuso
The use of bicycles in Italy is widespread
2. La bicicletta è ottima da usare nelle città italiane con molto traffico
Bicycles are great to ride in Italian cities that have lots of traffic
3. Il Giro d’Italia è una manifestazione nata recentemente
The “Giro d’Italia” is an event that began recently
4. Il percorso del Giro è sempre in pianura
The course of the “Giro” is always on level ground
5. Il Giro parte dall’Italia e poi attraversa tutta Europa
The “Giro” leaves from Italy and then crosses all of Europe