Easter is surely one of the most important holidays in Italy. The Easter period in Italy coincides with the first pleasant days of Spring. With more mild temperatures, many hours of sunlight and the desire to come out of the winter “hibernation”, Italians start getting out for day trips, small excursions and picnics!
In this Listening and Comprehension exercise you will discover how Italians love to celebrate Easter and Easter Monday, with their various traditions unique to each region.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will also get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes
& practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Il giorno di Pasqua in Italia è quello della Pasqua cattolica
Easter in Italy is on the same day as the catholic Easter day
2. Gli italiani trascorrono sempre la Pasqua in famiglia
Italians always spend Easter with family
3. Di solito in Italia la Pasqua coincide con le prime giornate tiepide
Easter in Italy usually coincides with the first warm days
4. La “Pasquetta” è la vigilia di Pasqua
“Pasquetta” is the day before Easter
5. In Italia si pratica solo la religione cattolica
The catholic religion is the only one practiced in Italy