The month of March is a special one in Italy. As in the rest of the world, on March 8 we celebrate women… But in Italy March 19 is also a very special day because it’s Father’s Day.
In this Listening and Comprehension exercise we will talk about these two celebrations because, overwhelmed as we are by the huge number of yearly anniversaries, holidays and celebrations, it’s easy to forget their true meaning.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Download the PDF
No email required
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. La pubblicità fatta dai media ci aiuta a ricordare le ricorrenze
Advertising by the media helps to remind us about annual special occasions
2. La Festa della Donna è una festa tipicamente italiana
Women’s Day is a typically Italian celebration
3. Nei secoli fino ad oggi il ruolo della donna è molto cambiato
Over the centuries up to today the role of women has changed a lot
4. Alcune donne credono che la parità con gli uomini non esista davvero
Some women believe that true equality with men does not exist
5. Tutte le donne italiane festeggiano l’8 marzo con entusiasmo
All Italian women celebrate March 8 with much enthusiasm