Are you married or have you been married? Maybe you’re about to get married? Or maybe you’re one of those who just don’t believe in marriage? It doesn’t matter! Whatever your situation I’m sure you will be very interested in hearing about how we Italians go about celebrating one of the most lavish and important ceremonies of our lives: marriage.
Italy is a country rich in customs and traditions, especially when it comes to marriage. Times have changed and things have become more simple, but it’s always interesting to learn about the customs integral to getting married in Italy.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Le tradizioni riguardo il matrimonio si sono complicate col tempo
Traditions surrounding marriage have become more complicated over time
2. Un tempo gli sposi compravano insieme la biancheria di casa
There was a time when the newlyweds bought the house linen together
3. Il “corredo” sono le decorazioni floreali per la chiesa
The “corredo” are the floral decorations for the church
4. Oggi gli sposi compilano la lista di nozze
Today the bride and groom put together a bridal registry
5. Molti giovani dicono di non voler seguire le tradizioni
Many young people say that they don’t want to follow tradition