Taking place in Venice, one of Italy’s most beautiful and important cities, is one the most famous contemporary art exhibitions in the world: “La Biennale”.
The Venice Biennale is amongst the oldest, most important and prestigious international art exhibitions in the world and has one sole purpose: to showcase the latest global trends in modern art. If you’ve never heard of the Biennale, you would have surely heard of the “Festival di Venezia”, then?
How are these two events related? Find out now by listening to this podcast!
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Gli italiani non sono interessati all’arte di altri paesi
Italians are not interested in art from other countries
2. La Biennale d’arte si tiene ogni cinque anni
The Biennale of art is held every five years
3. Non è semplice comprendere le opere di arte contemporanea
It’s not easy understanding contemporary works of art
4. La Biennale è un ente che si occupa di molte forme d’arte diverse
The Biennale is an institution that deals with many different forms of art
5. Durante il festival cinematografico Venezia è molto affollata
During the film festival Venice gets very crowded