Pizza, pasta and the mandolin! This is an old stereotype that highlights an irrefutable truth: We Italians absolutely love food! Yes, we eat a lot and we are proud of our dishes, our recipes and our culinary traditions.
But, like all cultures, they evolve. Italy is becoming more and more “similar” to other cultures. And the price that Italy pays is the gradual loss of ancient traditions, usually for reasons of practicality and lack of time. Basically, it’s now much more convenient to buy a can of passata rather than making it at home, isn’t it?
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Per gli italiani mangiare è un vero e proprio rito
For Italians, eating is a true and proper ritual
2. Nei locali italiani non trovate la cucina italiana tipica
In Italian food establishments you cannot find typical Italian food
3. Gli italiani sono molto orgogliosi della cucina nazionale
Italians are very proud of their national cuisine
4. La “cucina della nonna” è il nome di un famoso ristorante italiano
“Cucina della nonna” is the name of a famous Italian restaurant
5. Gli italiani considerano la cucina dei ristoranti migliore di quella casalinga
Italians consider the food at restaurants better than homemade