Have you been looking for an Italian movie to practice your Italian listening and comprehension? Good on you! It’s an excellent way to improve your Italian. And we have a great recommendation for you! In this podcast, we’re going to talk about a very funny movie called “Immaturi”.
It’s quite a unique story. A group of Italian adults find out that – due to an error made by one of their teachers 20 years ago, when they did their final school exam – their High School diploma is not actually valid… and so they have to redo the exam! No spoilers here, but listen to the podcast to find out more!
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Manu non avrebbe paura a rifare l’esame di maturità
Manu wouldn’t be scared of redoing his final exam
2. Il titolo del film non è ambiguo
The title of the movie is not ambiguous
3. Solo chi ha superato l’esame di maturità può andare all’università
Only those who have passed the final exam may go to university
4. I protagonisti sono spaventati all’idea di rifare l’esame
The main characters are terrified at the idea of redoing the exam
5. Per un italiano l’idea di rifare l’esame di maturità è un incubo
The idea of having to redo the final exam is a nightmare for Italians