If you didn’t know already, we Italians are quite an “obsessive” people, especially when it comes to food and dining out. In this episode of Italy Made Easy Podcast we will talk about the fixations and obsessions that Italians have when it comes to eating out at a restaurant.
These manias include things such as the position of the table, restaurants that are particularly noisy, hygiene, perfectionism and… much more! You may find many of these things quite humorous and somewhat over the top, but that’s how we Italians are in this respect!
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Agli italiani non piace molto mangiare al ristorante
Italians don’t really like to eat out at restaurants
2. Gli italiani in media vanno a mangiare fuori 6 volte alla settimana
Italians on average eat out 6 times a week
3. La trattoria è il tipo di ristorante italiano preferito da Manu
The “trattoria” is Manu’s favorite type of restaurant
4. La trattoria è un tipo di ristorante italiano di solito a conduzione familiare
The “trattoria” is a type of Italian restaurant that is usually family-run
5. Alcune trattorie offrono cibo preparato in base a ricette di tutto il mondo
Some trattorias offer food based on recipes from all over the world