In this podcast episode we are going to talk about Italian trash TV… The low quality programming that now dominates Italian airwaves. People fighting and insulting each other, strangely, in the search for love.
Alongside high quality Italian TV shows, though these are becoming more and more rare, you can see why these programs are labeled as “trash”. Prepare yourselves, we are about to delve into the ugly side of Italian TV.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. In Italia la TV spazzatura è sempre esistita, fin dalle origini
In Italy trash TV has always existed, since the beginning
2. Gli italiani sono stati subito entusiasti della TV
Italians were enthusiastic about TV straight away
3. All’inizio la TV italiana aveva un solo canale
In the beginning Italian TV only had one channel
4. I primi spettacoli della TV italiana erano solo una forma di divertimento
The first Italian TV shows were just a form of entertainment
5. La televisione in Italia ha aiutato a combattere l’analfabetismo
Television in Italy helped to combat illiteracy