Did you know that even gardens can be a work of art? In Italy there are many gorgeous gardens that you can visit. In these spectacular places you will find not just plants and flowers, but also shady nooks and crannies, greenhouses and beautiful gazebos where you can escape the sun if you need to.
We will talk about the must-see gardens that are truly enchanting but perhaps not so well known, located in Tuscany and Lazio.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. I giardini sono una forma d’arte
Gardens are a work of art
2. Un tempo tutte le case avevano grandi giardini
There was a time when all houses had big gardens
3. Solo poche persone visitano i grandi giardini italiani
Only a few people visit the big Italian gardens
4. La Toscana è ricca di giardini bellissimi
Tuscany is abundant with beautiful gardens
5. Vicino a Siena c’è solo un piccolo castello
Close to Siena there is just a small castle