As you travel around Italy you surely have your head constantly raised as you admire the ornate buildings, ancient monuments and bell towers. Even when you leave the cities and explore the picturesque, lush and unspoiled natural areas, you are still spellbound by the beauty that surrounds you.
But did you know that Italy has a whole nother fantastic world to explore beneath your very feet? Well, there is! Italy has more than 33,000 caves, covering an underground area almost a third of the size of Italy. Many of these caves are miles long and hundreds of yards deep, while many others are still unexplored, how exciting!
The largest of these are truly a sight to behold. In this podcast episode we will talk about the grottos and caves that you simply must not miss while in Italy.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. In Italia le grotte visitabili sono poche
In Italy there are few caves that you can visit
2. Tutte le grotte esistenti in Italia sono già state esplorate
Every existing cave in Italy has already been explored
3. Le Grotte di Pertosa-Auletta si trovano vicino a Salerno
The Pertosa-Auletta Caves are located near Salerno
4. Nelle Grotte di Pertosa-Auletta si sono tenuti spettacoli teatrali
Theatrical performances are held inside the Pertosa-Auletta Caves
5. La Grotta Azzurra ha reso famosa l’isola di Capri
The Blue Grotto made the island of Capri famous