Italians in general love music and Italy itself has a strong musical tradition. In this episode we will talk about a very famous Italian musical event: Sanremo.
This event was born in 1951 in Sanremo, Liguria and still till this day keeps many Italians glued to their televisions for almost an entire week!
Singers, both famous and unknown, compete against each other singing quintessentially Italian songs and then an expert jury must then decide the winner. If you are a lover of Italian music, then we strongly suggest that you follow at least one edition of the Sanremo Music Festival, if you haven’t already.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Il Festival di Sanremo si tiene ogni due anni
The Festival of Sanremo is held every two years
2. Alla gara partecipano cantanti di ogni Paese
Singers from every country compete in the competition
3. Le canzoni devono essere inedite
The song has to be unreleased
4. Il Festival viene trasmesso alla TV e alla radio in tutta Europa
The Festival is shown on TV and on the radio all over Europe
5. Il sistema per eleggere il vincitore del Festival è piuttosto complesso
The system to choose the winner of the Festival is rather complicated