Everyday we use something that someone, at some point in time, invented. Basically, everything we use has behind it an inventor, someone who created from nothing an object that today we take for granted!
In this podcast episode, we will talk about the most important and famous Italians inventions. Get ready to discover some really interesting about Italian history and culture!
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Il “brevetto” è stato inventato 30 anni fa
The “patent” was invented thirty years ago
2. Alexander Graham Bell ha inventato il telefono
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone
3. L’invenzione del telefono è stata oggetto di una faida tra Italia e USA
The invention of the telephone was the centre of a feud between Italy and the USA
4. Gli Stati Uniti hanno riconosciuto a Meucci la paternità del telefono
The States have acknowledged that Meucci invented the telephone
5. La “matita a mine” è una penna esplosiva
The “matita a mine” is an explosive pen