The ancients knew it: water has the power to heal, regenerate and combat anxiety, stress and fatigue. What could be more beautiful than to immerse yourself and just let go, surrendering yourself to the flow of the hot water? If you ask me this is the best way to wash away tension and to feel reinvigorated.
Italians love to take these wellbeing breaks and are frequent visitors to the abundant thermal springs that exist in Italy. There are hundreds of the thermal bathing establishments in Italy so in this podcast episode we will only talk about the best and most popular ones.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Già gli antichi usavano le terme per rilassarsi
The ancients used natural hot springs to relax
2. In Italia esistono pochi stabilimenti termali
Few thermals baths exist in Italy
3. Le terme non vanno bene per chi soffre di stress
The hot springs are good for those who suffer from stress
4. In Italia esistono terme ad accesso libero e gratuito
In Italy there are hot springs that have free and open access
5. Le terme di Saturnia sono accessibili anche di notte
The hot springs of Saturnia are also accessible at night