Let’s talk about fables, or better yet, legends… Italian legends, that is!
Italy is full of these weird tales. Each Italian region has their own fantastical stories, their own myths, and their own legends in which they talk about mythical creatures and magical characters… Many of these strange and unbelievable stories are the justification for a lot of common customs and superstitions even today, often with no real reason.
Some of these legends are really old… some are so ancient that it isn’t known where they come from! Some have been told since Medieval times and others maybe even earlier!
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It’s free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson’s accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Le leggende assomigliano alle favole
Legends have similarities to fairytales
2. Le leggende raccontano solo storie completamente fantasiose
Legends only tell of stories that are completely made up
3. Le leggende spesso forniscono spiegazioni sui nomi dei luoghi
Legends often provide explanations on the names of places
4. Alcune leggende sono così antiche che l’origine ne è sconosciuta
Some legends are so ancient that their origin is not even known
5. La leggenda della “Torre della scimmia” ha un finale tragico
The legend of the “Torre della scimmia” has a tragic ending