In this episode we are going to talk about school in Italy and in particular Italian literature that we Italians have to study at school.
You would have surely heard of the “Divina Commedia” and even perhaps the “Promessi Sposi” (The Betrothed). Well, we are going to talk all about them and how Italians really feel about these two classic Italian books.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Manu non è andato a scuola in Italia
Manu didn’t go to school in Italy
2. La scuola italiana ha gli stessi anni di studio di quella americana
Italian schools have the same number of years of study as American schools
3. In Italia ci sono 3 livelli di scuola
There are 3 levels of school in Italy
4. In Italia a scuola media dura 5 anni
In Italy middle school goes for 5 years
5. In Italia esistono molti tipi diversi di scuola superiore
In Italy there are many different types of high school