The culture of the Italian Aperitivo
In Italy, the aperitivo is sacred. It’s a real and genuine rituale, often taking place after a hard day’s work, and is a custom that Italians have always loved to partake in.
Over the years it has changed, it’s evolved, but it’s always remained firmly anchored in Italian tradition. Let’s discover together what the Italian aperitivo offers: a real, authentic Italian experience all about the pleasure of being with others.
This podcast is in 100% Italian – spoken at a slower pace, in clear and authentic Italian. It has been designed specifically as a Listening and Comprehension exercise to help you improve your Italian. Download the bonus PDF for some super useful learning resources, including the full transcript and great comprehension exercises.
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It’s free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson’s accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. L’aperitivo è semplicemente la bevanda che si beve prima di cena
The aperitivo is simply the drink that you have before dinner
2. L’usanza dell’aperitivo in Italia è recente
The custom of the aperitivo in Italy is recent
3. Il primo re d’Italia amava l’usanza di fare l’aperitivo
The first king of Italy loved the custom of having an aperitivo
4. L’usanza dell’aperitivo è nata a Milano
The custom of the aperitivo was born in Milan
5. Al Sud Italia non si usa fare l’aperitivo
They don’t have the aperitivo in the south of Italy