Le opere liriche italiane più famose
How do Italians really feel about the Opera? Do they like it or not? In this episode of Italy Made Easy Podcast this is exactly what we will discuss.
Even if you are not passionate about Opera, there are some musical works that are known all over the world and I bet that you have heard them at least once!
Italy has a proud history of Opera, and although it may sometimes be considered even Italians as a boring genre of music, there are still many famous pieces that all Italians know and like… And they are beautiful works of musical art!
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes
& practice Exercises with answers! It's free!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Manu è un esperto di Opera lirica
Manu is an expert of Opera
2. Manu va spesso all’Opera
Manu goes often to the Opera
3. L’Opera lirica esiste solo in italiano
Opera only exists in Italy
4. La maggior parte degli italiani ama l’Opera
Most Italians love the Opera
5. Spesso gli italiani conoscono i brani d’Opera usati nel cinema o nella pubblicità
Italians often know songs from Operas that are used in movies and in advertisements