What do people mean when they talk about “La Dolce Vita” in Italy? Well, in a few words it is a true concept of lifestyle made up of a unique mix of family, food, nature, art and fun.
It’s not easy to say everything that it entails as the truth is that it encapsulates everything! For an Italian it could mean their usual life but for a foreigner visiting on vacation it can mean experiencing a unique atmosphere… Perhaps sometimes even quite different to the reality of the daily life of a resident.
But does “La dolce vita” even exist anymore? Let’s listen and find out!
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. Solitamente tutti amano il proprio Paese
People usually love their own country
2. L’Italia, a differenza di altri Paesi, non ha un soprannome
Italy, unlike other countries, doesn’t have a nickname
3. Per molti stranieri visitare Roma rappresenta un sogno
For many foreigners, visiting Rome is a dream
4. Roma non merita di esser visitata perché è una città caotica
Rome isn’t worth visiting because it’s such a chaotic city
5. In Italia anche ordinare un caffè può essere un’avventura
Even ordering a coffee in Italy can be an adventure