This Listening and Comprehension exercise is completely dedicated to love! You will find how Italians from the north to the south celebrate this lovely day.
Sweets, chocolates, roses and romantic candlelit dinners? Nothing is missed in Italy on this day. We’ll talk about how this holiday originated as well as the destinations that are particularly fitting to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
There’s just one thing I have to give away first… Do you know in which Italian city Shakespeare set one of the most tragic but romantic stories of all time: Romeo and Juliet? Well, it was Verona, of course
Download the PDF
No email required
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. San Valentino non è una festa tradizionale italiana
Valentine’s Day is not a traditional holiday in Italy
2. San Valentino fu condannato a morte per aver celebrato un matrimonio
Saint Valentine was condemned to death for having officiated a wedding
3. A Terni esiste una festa speciale per San Valentino
A special celebration for Saint Valentine takes place in Terni
4. Tutte le città italiane organizzano un evento speciale per San Valentino
Every Italian city organizes a special event for Valentine’s Day
5. Tutte le coppie italiane fanno qualcosa di speciale per San Valentino
Every Italian couple does something special for Valentine’s Day