This Listening and Comprehension exercise is completely dedicated to love! You will find how Italians from the north to the south celebrate this lovely day.
Sweets, chocolates, roses and romantic candlelit dinners? Nothing is missed in Italy on this day. We’ll talk about how this holiday originated as well as the destinations that are particularly fitting to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
There’s just one thing I have to give away first… Do you know in which Italian city Shakespeare set one of the most tragic but romantic stories of all time: Romeo and Juliet? Well, it was Verona, of course
Italy Made Easy Podcast is a language learning tool, not just yet another podcast.
It is a great way for you to work on your Italian Listening and Comprehension skills.
Don’t just listen to this Episode as you would any other Podcast in your native language!
You are here to improve your ability to speak and understand Italian, and you will if you use these resources strategically.
Below are clear and simple instructions on how you should use these learning materials.
▷ BEFORE LISTENING TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Read the TRUE/FALSE questions below; they will help you focus on the main points you need to listen out for.
▷ LISTENING TO THE PODCAST:
- Listen to the audio once. Don’t focus on trying to understand every single word and sentence.
The aim is to get the overall meaning. What is Manu talking about?
- Listen to it again and see if you can pick out the key words and find the answers to the questions as you listen.
- Listen to the audio as many times as you need – the more you listen the more you will understand. Try and identify words that you don’t know the meaning of and look them up.
The most important thing is that you listen more than once!
Download the Bonus PDF
Join our Italian Family and take your Italian to the next level with Italy Made Easy. It's free!
You will get immediate access to this lesson's accompanying PDF with detailed Summary Notes & practice Exercises with answers!
Here are your TRUE/ FALSE Comprehension questions.
You will find the answers to these questions and even more questions in the Bonus PDF.
1. San Valentino non è una festa tradizionale italiana
Valentine’s Day is not a traditional holiday in Italy
2. San Valentino fu condannato a morte per aver celebrato un matrimonio
Saint Valentine was condemned to death for having officiated a wedding
3. A Terni esiste una festa speciale per San Valentino
A special celebration for Saint Valentine takes place in Terni
4. Tutte le città italiane organizzano un evento speciale per San Valentino
Every Italian city organizes a special event for Valentine’s Day
5. Tutte le coppie italiane fanno qualcosa di speciale per San Valentino
Every Italian couple does something special for Valentine’s Day