Italian Accelerator Episode 6
Explainer Lesson #2
SU QUELLO CHE PENSAVO
– How to say “that which” (you must use both QUELLO and CHE)
VEDI, HO COMINCIATO A STUDIARE A 39 ANNI
– VEDI is a conversation filler, like the English “You see”
– We are using the preposition A between the two verbs because COMINCIARE always wants the preposition A!
POI, LEGGENDO “THE SECRET”
– When to use the Italian Gerund, when it’s the same as English, when it’s not
PER QUESTO ANDIAMO D’ACCORDO
– PER QUESTO means “for this reason”
– ANDARE D’ACCORDO means “to get along”
CHIUNQUE PUÒ COMINCIARE AD ESSERE FELICE
– CHIUNQUE means “ANYBODY”, used in positive statements
– The opposite is NESSUNO (“nobody, no one)
– Some details on how to use NESSUNO
– what is AD?
Each Episode is made up of two components.
First a chat 100% in Italian between me and one of my Italian friends. These chats are 100% real, authentic, unscripted Italian, including very colloquial expressions and … at full speed! Just like you would speak with your friends in your language.
Then there is an Explainer Lesson, this time in English, where we revisit the chat in Italian and analyze its content, including:
– idiomatic expressions
– specific grammatical points